Wednesday, December 20, 2017

CEBUANA ARTIST IS MAKING WAVES IN THE MUSIC SCENE


Give way for this 22 year old Cebuana girl Karencitta who’s making waves in the music scene giving her hometown a much deserved attention.  Her hit single “Cebuana” is currently no. 3 at Myx Top 10 chart and went top 1 most viral music on Spotify PH on November 27, 2017.  The song was released on Facebook and had reached 1 million views in 24 hours.and her video on YouTube has now reached more than 600k views.  There may be Cebuanos who have made a name in local showbiz but not quite in the music scene in recent times.  Karencitta is slowly but surely getting there.  She is slated to perform at New Year Countdown 2018 at Eastwood with Gloc 9, KC Tandingan, Sam Concepcion and Moiresette and some other popular artists.  

On her website she shared her story how she came up with the song.   Excerpts:

Quote:
“Cebuana” is a personal piece of art that I wrote produced by Tc-5, a 14-year old Austrian boy and my good friend, Jon Ingoldsby— the Grammy Award Winner Producer & Engineer for Madonna’s “Ray of Light” album and currently the Songwriter and Producer for Eminem’s upcoming album.

Over the phone, Jon and I were discussing how we could build leverage from the demo I made for “Cebuana”. He suggested that I check Tc-5’s song on Soundcloud called “Alkaline”. It was an immediate decision to have Tc-5 on the team. I was intrigued by the way he structured “Alkaline” for it was not repetitive. It was not just “Verse 1, Hook, Verse 2, Hook, goodbye”. I mostly gravitated towards the violin elements he used because I grew up playing the violin and I suddenly felt excited for Tc-5. I believe he’s gonna be the next Martin Garrix if he continues to persevere in the business.   Unquote.  (www.karencitta.com)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...