Saturday, December 9, 2017

FILMS TO WATCH AT THIS YEAR'S MMFF


At last year's MMFF, I watched only 3 films - all in one day.  These were  “Seklusyon,” “Vince, Kath & James” and “Die Beautiful.”  This year I’ll probably watch 3 or more films.  

On top of my list this year is “Siargao” starring Jericho Rosales, Erich Gonzales and Jasmin Curtis-Smith, directed by Paul Soriano.  The movie has been graded “B” by the Cinema Evaluation Board and this is also Paul Soriano's first foray into romcom genre.  The movie was shot entirely in the tear-drop shaped island of Siargao touted as the surfing capital of the Philippines. 

Next is the comedy-fantasy movie starring Vice Ganda, Daniel Padilla and 2015 Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach.  I love comedy films but I guess I’m done with Vice Ganda’s styIe of slapstick brand of comedy; I am going to watch the movie because of Pia.  

The third movie that I will watch is Regal Films' horror flick entry this year “Haunted Forest” starring Jameson Blake, Jane Onieza, Maris Rascal and Jon Lucas.  This is Jameson's first mainstream movie after starring in 3 Indie films ("2Cool 2B 4Gotten," "Nay," and "Nabubulok").  I’ll probably watch “All of You” and “Deadma Walking” at a later date but it all depends.  

Two other entries "Larawan" and "Deadma Walking" merited "Grade A" ratings from CEB.  An "A" rating qualifies for a film for a 100% tax rebates while "B" rating gets 60%.,

4 comments:

  1. I'm keen on ones write-up. It truly is beneficial to discover people verbalize on the cardiovascular system in addition to understanding within this significant theme is usually simply discovered. putlocker

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. buy dvd macgyver season 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Appreciate it! buy dvd when calls the heart season 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work 68films.net/movies

    ReplyDelete

Type your comments here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...